Malpractice Insurance in New York State
If you are looking for Physician Medical Malpractice Insurance in New York State, MedPro RRG is administered and reinsured by the nation's oldest and highest-rated physician malpractice insurer - Medical Protective.
Since 1899, Medical Protective has exclusively specialized in defending its customers' physician malpractice claims. Medical Protective is the oldest, most experienced physician malpractice insurer in the nation with unsurpassed financial stability. Unlike malpractice claims, Medical Protective's expert physician claims team focuses on protecting its physicians’ reputation and assets.
As part of Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway, Medical Protective is uniquely positioned to protect its clients for at least another century. Your career and your team need the kind of security and stability that only Medical Protective can provide.
MedPro RRG Risk Retention Group (MedPro RRG) is a physician medical malpractice insurer which has teamed with its 100-year-old affiliate, Medical Protective, Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway insurance company, to bring you the best medmal insurance available. MedPro RRG was formed to provide more insurance options to physicians, dentists, hospitals, facilities and healthcare professionals, including those seeking an alternative to the commercial market. With flexible and robust product offerings, and unique characteristics setting it part from the competition, MedPro RRG is ready to protect your assets and reputation.
With the market’s most customer-oriented offerings, MedPro RRG is pleased to provide our physician insured’s coverage with:
- No capital contribution
- No assessments
- Claim-free credit
- ‘Consent to settle’ – giving you the absolute right to refuse settlement*
- Both occurrence and claims-made form options
- Free tail – for those who permanently retire and meet the policy requirements
- Robust risk management resources
Administered and reimbursed by Medical Protective, MedPro RRG us unlike any other risk retention group. At MedPro RRG, we leverage the knowledge, strengths and time-tested practices of Medical Protective to provide you the flexibility you need and the commitment you deserve. The experts at Medical Protective will handle everything from processing your application, to providing risk management support, to navigating the intricate strategies and challenges of your claim.
Medical Protective has a long and rich history of providing unparalleled physician medical malpractice liability insurance and protecting the reputation and assets of healthcare providers across the country with its financial strength, winning defense, and risk management solutions. With the “teaming-up” of these two insurance companies, healthcare providers will receive unmatched policy offerings from MedPro RRG and will reap the many benefits of being served by the nation’s oldest, and strongest medmal insurer, Medical protective.
Doctors Have Unique Needs/Issues
- Do you have a voice in your defense? It is imperative you have the absolute right to refuse case settlement.
- Reimbursements are down and income for doctors is declining on a macro scale. How can you make your practice more efficient and learn how to manage your risk better?
- Malpractice insurance isn’t a commodity. It’s a service that provides protection to you, and more importantly, your reputation.
Are You Receiving the BEST VALUE in Physician Medical Liability Insurance?
Stability in an Unstable Time
In today’s uncertain economy, financial strength has never been more important. MedPro RRG, reinsured by Medical protective, a proud member of Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway, has been rated A++ by A.M. best. Amidst the current economy, MedPro RRG is the highest-rated medical liability insurer in New York.
Your claims defense is the main reason you have medical liability insurance. As the servicer for MedPro RRG, Medical protective beings its 110 years of experience and provides defense claims – handling experts. That’s why everything we do at medical protective is structured around providing the best defense. At Medical Protective, we tailor your defense around your situation. We utilize all the expertise of the finest attorneys and over a century of case knowledge in our back pocket to focus on providing the best defense for you.
Ensure Your Reputation and Assets are protected by the Best
- Don’t settle for a “cheaper alternative.”
- Plaintiff verdicts, settlements and indemnity payments can result in increased premiums.
- Immediate short-term savings could cost you more in the long run–not only financially–but also your reputation.
- You deserve the absolute right to refuse settlement.*
- This is your reputation, your practice, your neck on the line.
- You should have the final say whether or not settlement is made.
- How many physicians has your insurance company defended in the past 30 years?
- Medical Protective has defended over 170,000 healthcare providers.
Applications for Insurance in New York State
If you have already received a quotation from us and you are ready to fill out the application, please click on the link below to download the form you will need.
*Product availability varies based upon business and regulatory approval and may be offered on an admitted or non-admitted basis.
Disclaimer: Submission of this application does not bind coverage. Approval from Scott Danahy Naylon is required.
MedPro Risk Retention Group (RRG) Material
Business Insurance for Medical Office and Equipment Coverage
When you work with Scott Danahy Naylon, you secure both your medical malpractice insurance and property and liability insurance for your practice. No need to manage multiple relationships to reveal critical business information to other agents. You will be working with one agent who will listen, advise and protect you.
You can be assured we have the experience and expertise to protect your practice, your equipment, and your valuable papers and records with some of the most complete coverages available in the industry today.
Scott Danahy Naylon has years of experience listening to and understanding the risks and insurance needs of doctors’ offices. We have a specially tailored plan that covers not only your property, but all your highly-specialized equipment.
We offer you Medical Equipment Coverage & Business Interruption Insurance specifically for your office and the equipment that makes your practice invaluable to your patients.
- Electronic Data Processing (EDP)
- CT Scan Equipment
- Mobile Diagnostic Equipment
- Office Equipment
- Data Stored on Discs, Films, Tapes, or Similar EDP Media
- Computer Programs and Instructions
- Replacement Cost Valuation
- No Coinsurance
- Equipment Breakdown Coverage
- Virus Coverage
- Coverage for Back Up of Sewer & Drains
Special Enhancements Available
- Bodily Injury and Property Damage
- Premises Liability
- Personal Injury and Advertising Injury
- Medical Expenses ($5,000 per person)
- Fire Legal liability ($50,000 Included with Options to Increase)
- Liability Assumed in a Contract that is an “Insured Contract”
- Volunteer Workers as Insured(s)
- Employee Dishonesty
- Loss of Refrigeration
- Employee Benefits Liability
- Valuable Papers and Records
- Accounts Receivable
Other Coverages Available
- Worker's Compensation
- New York State Disability
- Umbrella Liability
- Employment Practice Liability
- Individual Life
- Disability Income